Manchester Digital has chosen FareShare Greater Manchester as our Charity Partner for the Digital Skills Festival 2024.
FareShare is an incredible project that works to combat food waste and food poverty in our city.
Currently, in Greater Manchester, one in four children are living in a food insecure household. This means that they do not have regular access to satiating and nutritious food.
We want to harness the power of our community to help change this, by supporting the fantastic work FareShare Greater Manchester do.
“We’re beyond thrilled to be chosen by Manchester Digital as their charity partner for the Digital Skills Festival, as we are united by a common ethos – strengthening the Manchester community. Both organisations are dedicated to supporting our community through food, education, support and wraparound care – building a stronger, healthier Manchester, together.”
How we’re working together:
1. We’ll be making a direct donation to FareShare Greater Manchester from Manchester Digital.
2. Our Digital Skills Festival events are all free to attend, so we’re encouraging attendees to make a donation to FareShare Greater Manchester in lieu of paying for a ticket.
3. We’re promoting FareShare before, during and after Festival, raising awareness for their vital work to an audience of potential corporate and individual supporters.
4. Our friends at Fareshare will have a presence at the Festival, supporting them to make new connections to further their mission
More about FareShare:
FareShare Greater Manchester, run by environmental charity EMERGE 3Rs, has been saving food from landfill and feeding people in need since 2008. Every year in the UK, more than 3,000,000 tonnes of edible food goes to waste, while 1 in 5 people find themselves in food insecurity – we’re fighting to change this.
Surplus food from right across the food industry, from farmer to retailer, is donated to FareShare Greater Manchester, then shared amongst food aid providers in our community. From food banks, to schools, hospices, shelters, community cafés and grocers – FareShare Greater Manchester is feeding nearly 35,000 people annually.
When you donate to FareShare, you are joining the fight against food waste and hunger, providing vital meals to vulnerable people across Greater Manchester.
Every pound that you donate helps FareShare provide four meals for people in need across Greater Manchester, such as:
- funding a child’s breakfast at a breakfast club;
- providing a hot meal for a homeless person, or also a;
- lunch at an elderly person’s lunch club.